Tuesday, September 19, 2006

When did it become scary?

When did dating stop being fun and became scary? I'm in a dating slump yet again. I got dumped by a guy that I wasn't even dating yesterday! Yes, it was my neighbor Rick. Angel, you were absolutely right about how bad it was to date neighbors but I kind of liked this guy and hoped that something would come out of it. However, I could tell he was still hung up on his ex-girlfriend and I didn't want to be a rebound girl so we just hung out as friends. Sure enough, he told me yesterday that he got back together with her. I played it cool and told him I was happy for him (which I was) but, for some reason, couldn't help but feel empty when I got home... Since I gave up on online dating for now, that leaves me with absolutely no plans for the upcoming weekend. Anybody wants to come visit? :-)


On a lighter note, I bought my first two pieces of new furniture last weekend! Everything else I've ever had in my apartment was bought used or handed down to me. I got and awesome red couch and a chair to go with it! I'm not going to be embarrassed about inviting someone over any more! Funny story actually, the couch that I bought didn't fit through my apartment door when they delivered it last night! Obviously some smart person decided to put a wall to divide the kitchen and the living room right in front of the door when designing my apartment, so that left about a 30 inch-wide hallway to get through. My poor delivery guys tried everything imaginable but the couch didn't want to go in. Lucky for me, there was a slightly shorter loveseat in the same set that I exchanged my couch for at the store. They even delivered it to me this morning for free! Made my day!

I can't think of anything else interesting to write about. So long for now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, thats an unfortunate turn of events in the dating front. But at least you got some retail therapy going on. I went from using the "rental furniture" in furnished apartments to my own stuff and it was great, no longer scared of what might have happened on the couch before. Now I need to buy new furniture for my house, cause I have been with the same couches for the past 10 years and its time to retire them. If you need any company this weekend, my business trip to Atlanta got cancelled so I have some time :)

Anonymous said...

I had mentioned my new job before, Its still in the same company except now its not working on product development in the lab, now I will be working as part of the sales organization, analyzing customers needs or requests and coming up with a complete system that is what they want. The title is "technical sales" and it will involve a lot more travel than I have been doing in the past. I can also pretty much work from anywhere I want that has internet access and a phone :)
My co-worker was in Missouri last week at sprint :)