Friday, November 17, 2006

Sin City - Installment #3

So, did you think Adrian's efforts paid off? Of course! I gave him my email address at the end of the night (before I stumbled to my room and took a nap for about an hour)! That's all he wanted, right? ;-)

The next morning was even rougher. It took twice as much Starbucks coffee to make me coherent. More work had to be done during the day.

Once we were done with that, we had a plan to go to the Venetian and have dinner. It seemed like it was very close to our hotel so we walked. After 2 hours of walking we made it there. The wait for a table at every restaurant was at least 2 hours... We ate at the buffett in Harrah's (it was fairly disgusting but my displeasure may have been intensified by the fact that the blisters on my feet that I got from walking for 2 hours started bleeding...). A couple of hours of shopping later (mostly "window") we got to enjoy a comedy show. The show was good but it was even funnier for us because one of the guys in our group managed to get wasted somewhere before the show and fell asleep in his chair in the front row while all of our bosses watched him. We took pictures, the comedians made fun of him. Embarassing for him - funny for us. Lesson learned: "When you are travelling on business, wait till your bosses go to bed before you start getting wasted!"

The rest of the night was spent gambling and drinking again. Most of my new friends had flights to catch at 4 or 5 am so they decided not to go to bed. Mine wasn't till 11am but I had to keep my friends company, so I stayed up too. Yes, I am a team player!

I actually won some money that night but Adrian showed up again and gave me a few more chips to play with. Around 2 am he proposed to me. I still had a few chips left so we couldn't get married right then. We played some more. My friends needed to go take a shower before heading to the airport, so it was time for me to take a nap for a couple of hours. Adrian inquired about that wedding that was in the works. I told him I was too tired. He said he would like me to come to visit him in Germany. I told him to email me :-)

No comments: