Tuesday, February 20, 2007

New Year's Resolution? Nope! Just The usual Spring Transformation


I never make resolutions for the New Year. Partly because I'm still in the hibernating mode at that time. I consider myself a very active person, I love being outside, working out, swimming, etc. Once the cold weather comes around though... all I want to do is lay on the couch and watch tv or read a good book! I am not particularly proud of it, I still try to go to the gym but don't make it there as often... The result: 10-15 pound gain between October and January (the holiday season doesn't help either). Don't get me wrong, I am still fabulous, there's just a little more fabulousness in me ;-) This happens to me every year. Once the warm weather comes around, I kick myself in the ass and start doing something about it.

So, the plan is to work out at least 5 times a week (lifting weights twice, cardio - 3 times). Eating more vegetables, lean proteins and whole grains, less carbs. I never follow a strict diet and generally eat healthy any way, just need to kick it up a notch. Watch me get back to my "fighting weight" by the end of March!

Stats:
Height - 5'8"
Current weight - 163 pounds
Ideal weight - 150-152 pounds

Anybody wants to do this challenge with me?

7 comments:

Beth said...

THANK you for your wonderful comments!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm doing something similar to yours, I go to the gym about 5 days a week but I do both weights and cardio on the same day. I also dont have a strict diet but eat healthy. I just need to cut back on portions. I'm not shooting for a weight goal, but a body fat goal since every time I really focus on working out I gain a lot of muscle and hence gain weight.

mist1 said...

Do you think that I can reap the benefits of your resolution by just sitting here reading about it?

Leese said...

Hi there! I understand exactly what you are talking about. I preach moderation. I love food and especially good food, but I eat pretty healthy normally.

I have come to terms with the fact my modeling career will never materialize (they really aren't too keen on 5'4" girls), so why kill myself? I work out enough to feel good and look pretty fabulous (normal fabulous). The winter kills me though.

I accept your challenge.

Unknown said...

Okay. I'm in :) I eat very healthy- most of the stuff I cook is homemade from scratch and produce is mostly from our garden.(I freeze stuff from the summer/fall so we can have it in the winter months). I was doing www.beachbody.com 's Turbo Jam and Slim in 6 series, but have gotten so busy that I've stopped. I want to get back in full gear and get even more active again.

PS. I didn't realize you were that tall!!! I'm a shorty! Only 5'1"!

Girlie Monkey said...

To Chrissy: Yes, this monkey is a tall one ;-) I must be related to King-Kong...
Keep up the good work. I'll post an update on my fittness efforts next week.

Unknown said...

*sigh* Must be nice to be so tall!! :) Anyway, I've just added you to my "Must Read" list ;) Have a great weekend (I know you will!). Remember...details, sista! LOL!