Monday, March 05, 2007

DRAMA!

So, I was making my way through the crowded night club on a Saturday night, trying to get to the bar and guess who I literally bumped into on the way... my ex-boyfriend B. whom I was not on speaking terms with... I hadn't seen him or talked to him since the end of January so I was completely caught off guard. I mumbled "hello" and tried to turn the other way. He stopped me and asked me for my phone number because "his phone was messed up and all of the numbers he had saved were deleted" or some crap like that. I asked him why he needed my # any way and he told me he had something to talk to me about but the club wasn't the appropriate spot for that. All I could do was raise my eye brows and tell him my number. I avoided him the rest of the night and continued having a blast with friends despite him trying to strike up a conversation with me a couple of times. I was so glad I took the time to look especially good that night and it paid off because I was extremely popular with the guys around. I wasn't interested in any of them but it made for a good show for the ex.

He texted me yesterday to ask if we could meet up for lunch this week. I was torn between ignoring his message and making him feel stupid and satisfying my own curiosity. No matter what he tells me, there is no going back for me but I really do want to know what he has to say because the only "reasonable" explanation I can come up with is he wants to tell me he is pregnant ;-) The curiosity got the best of me. Agreed. I am planning on listening to what he has to say, asking him if he was done and walking out after saying "see you around". Evil, huh?

Oh, the date with Barry on Fri was fine. He can't wait to see me again... I am kind of enjoying being a player for a change...

2 comments:

mist1 said...

It is a fantasy of mine that my exes will lose my phone numbers. Sadly, that has never happened. I can't believe you gave him your number. I wouldn't have even given a fake number. I would have relished saying, "no, but it was really nice to see you again." I might have even left out the "really nice" part. Because, I'm sort of into that whole blunt thing.

Unknown said...

Hey girly girl :) I think with my ex, I was always curious as to what new thing he needed to talk to me about or had to tell me. I don't know why. It was just a stupid thing of me to do...get suckered into listening to his crap. Why did I keep getting suckered in? No idea. Anyway, I'm curious to find out what transpires now...so you're going to actually listen to what he's got to say? So, your break up was not on the best of terms, I guess?