Friday, July 21, 2006

Choices Choices!

I thought I'd give you guys an update on my sad attempts to build a male harem per Jen's suggestion that she made a while back.

#1. What happened to C.
I did reply to C.'s email after waiting for a couple of days. I made a couple of sarcastic comments about his disappearance, said that I didn't want to discuss this any more and changed the topic of the conversation. He replied, answered my general questions but said that he would love to hear some more of my sarcasm on the subject. I figured that I had nothing to lose at that point and decided to ask him where we stood. I replied asking him when we were going to see each other again or whether he thought we would just be phone/email buddies. I asked the question in a joking manner even though it was probably a little forward. It's been two days and I haven't heard back. At this point, I don't even think I care any more.

#2 Another date with M. in the future?
M. called yesterday to see if I wanted to go out on another date. I was so exhausted from having slept for 2 hours the night before that I didn't even have the energy to talk to him. I'll have to call him today and figure out the date for that. I decided to give him one more chance to impress me. I don't see it happening but my friends say I don't give guys enough of a chance so I'll try.

#3 Is A. a possibility?
While A. and I had a blast together the other night, nothing is ever going to come out of it. First of all, he has a girlfriend who he's been with for 6 years. Second of all, I don't think I could have any sort of serious relationship with him. He is great as a friend and an occasional ego booster but he lacks certain qualities that I am looking for in a man.

As you can see, pickings are fairly slim. On the bright side, A.'s sister who I have known for a while, now lives here, so I have someone to go out with! That's the plan for the weekend. Who knows, maybe Mr. Right is waiting for me at that bar downtown ;-)

Happy Friday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, at least you do have someone to go out with and party. I do not recommend the bars for meeting people with long term potential. Even if they are great people, there is something about meeting at a bar. Maybe its just some stygma about it, where those relationships tend to be on the physical side. Most the relationships I've had with girls I met at the bars have been very short lived and the ones that lasted longer have been a total disaster. But there is always the exception to the rule. Have a good weekend.