Saturday, July 15, 2006

Crappy weekend

Well, I can finally close the "C. Chapter" in my book. When we talked yesterday, he asked me to call him today and let him know the answer to a question that he asked (nothing important, so I won't go into details). I called and he said he was going to call me back in about five minutes. I haven't heard from him since. How can somebody go from calling and talking to me for hours one day and ignoring me the next with no apparent reason for doing so! I was already having a really boring weekend and this episode made me feel like I am a total loser. I sent him a text message saying, "You could've just said you didn't want to talk to me any more." I probably shouldn't have but I needed some sort of a closure.

Where do people find new friends in a new city any way? I am not shy by any means. My friends think I am fun to be around. I just don't know where to start. Everybody I work with is much older than me and we don't have much in common, so we really don't spend any time outside of work. My neighbors are not very friendly and the ones I do start talking to at the pool are nice but that's as far as it goes. Do I just go up to people at Wal-Mart and ask them if they want to be my friends???

I guess, I am going to go continue picking my nose and watching TV...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy crap were we separated at birth?!!! You sound like me! It sucks being in a new environment with out friends. Some people have told me it took them 5 years to get settled here in Florida. That kinda put a damper on my hopes! Probably yours too now, SORRY! It sucks I know sweety! I'm here for you.
Yeah if I move there we could be single and workout buddies too!!!
Do me a favor...keep your chin up about this butt head!!!

Anonymous said...

Sometimes, all a girl wants to do is watch TV and pick her nose. Nothing wrong with that. I won't tell.

thanks for visiting my site...as for turning over that new leaf, I am doing really well with the eating and working out...for the past 2 days! I didn't smoke for about 48 hours, and then had 2 today..one thing at a time I guess!

If C. does get back to you, I say wait 3 days before responding. Something about "3" seems to work..