Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Do nice guys always finish last? + Forecast for the Evening

I went out to dinner with M. last night. I can't say that it was an awesome first date but it wasn't a date from hell either... Here are the pros and cons (now, these are totally biased; I am only going by what makes a difference to me, not anyone else):

Pros:
  • He has a great sense of humor and he gets my jokes
  • Not bad looking
  • Tall (big one in my book)
  • Gentleman (opening doors, paying for dinner, etc)
  • Tries hard to impress me

Cons:

  • Not shy but a little quite (I felt like I had to be the one talking the whole night)
  • I didn't feel any sort of attraction physically
  • He took the time to cut up his chicken into bite-size pieces before he started eating. I just sat there and watched him quietly for about 10 min (he was very thorough)
  • He is divorced and has a kid (not that there is anything wrong with that but I've never dated anyone with a child, so it freaks me out a little bit)

Needless to say, I didn't initiate the kiss, nor did I wait for one at the end of the night. I did say that I had a good time because I did but I am not sure how long this "relationship" is going to last...


On a totally different note, I got a call from an old college friend A. yesterday completely out of the blue. His parents just moved to my town and he is coming to visit them for a couple of days today. Forecast for the evening? I am seeing a night of Salsa Dancing in our near future (in a few hours to be exact)! He is originally from South America and he is the best dancer I've ever met! I can't wait to brush up on my skills ;-)

Ciao!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny--when I first met J there was no initial "spark".. He is a nice guyh.. BUt by the thrid date there was definite spark and things are going really well.. I would give the guy another shot or 2---you never know!

Anonymous said...

wow---i should have spell checked--oopsie!! ;-)

Anonymous said...

I agree with Kim. Give him a few more dates. Option #1 started out the same way with me. Slow. Now we are really clicking...so give it time.