Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Here we go again... Need advice!

It never fails! I spent my Sunday and Monday convincing myself to forget all about C. and move on. I thought I succeeded. I accepted a dinner invitation for tonight from a really nice guy M. and managed to make peace with the fact that I've been rejected by C.
Well, who do I get an email from? You guessed it! From C.

He writes:

Hold on,
First- you called me during work and I could not call you back. (I called him at 1 pm, he was getting off at 2pm and I didn't send him a text till 8 pm)
Second- when I got home I got a call from every family member I've ever had...even the dead ones. (NO comment here)
Third-you don't exactly call me much either. (WTF? That has nothing to do with him saying he would call me back in 5 min. And going MIA)
So how was the amusement park? (I told him I was going to one on Sunday)
C.

I need help! How long do I wait to respond? What should I say? Should I comment on his email or just start a new conversation? Am I blowing this out of proportion?

Just another point, he did have a free weekend and didn't make an attempt to see me and the weekend is the only time we can do that since he lives 2 hours away...

I do like C. More than any guy I've met in a long time, so I want to continue talking to him if there is anything there...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really hate it when people don't apologize for not calling you back when they say they will. Its not a big deal but saying youre sorry doesn't take much effort. The bad part about the situation is that he is getting defensive when he should just say sorry. As far as a response, I don't know that I would respond. Hope you figure it out.

Anonymous said...

Well, I dont know what you should say or if you should respond. This could be a prediction of how his actions will be in the future. Maybe better to cut your losses at this point before you are any more attached. He could have called... There is no excuse....
I had an ex b/f like this and it never got any better. IN fact when he broke up with me he just never called again... Guys can be such jerks!

Anonymous said...

So what DID you do?? I probably would blow it off with a snarky "fine" or "whatever". Then wait to see if he responds...