Friday, July 14, 2006

My Current Dating Situation

Let me start by answering the good old question, "Why are you single?"
Well, I am single because I refuse to settle for less than what I want. I'd like to think that's the real reason, any way ;-) I am very self-sufficient and have no problem with being alone but it gets daunting at times, especially at various social events that require a "plus one".

I do date quite a bit. I'm becoming quite an expert at the whole "online dating thing". It's got its advantages and disadvantages. I will share some stories with you all eventually. I've been on some "Dates from Hell"!

Right now, I have a crush on this guy C. Who I met online and went out with on one date two weeks ago. I haven't seen him since then due to me being on vacation for a while and then him being on a business trip. We talked on the phone off and on but here's the problem though... I can't figure him out! First of all, the problem is that he lives 2 hours away. He didn't seem to have a problem driving up here for our first date right after work. We had a blast. Now that we both seem to have a free weekend coming up, it'd make sense for us to make some plans to hang out, right? Wrong. He hasn't called in the last 4 days. That leads me to believe that this is the classic case of "He's not that into you". I am going to have to move on... Unfortunately.




Since I hoped that C. would come to his senses and call me to schedule a date for this weekend, I made no other plans whatsoever. Big mistake! Here I am sitting here on a Friday afternoon with nothing but sleeping, working out and laying out by the pool on my agenda for the next 2.5 days... Any suggestions on what I should occupy my time with will be greatly appreciated (something that can be done solo but at the same time it'd be nice if it involved being around people)
I'd really like to send him this picture but I won't ;-)
Happy Friday any way!

2 comments:

Beth said...

Maybe you need a BOB (battery operated boyfriend).

Fun things you can do with people around: Go to a mall with a clipboard and take surveys...maybe you will find a nice guy that way.

Why not ASK C what is going on??? I would. ASK him if he wants to do something this weekend.

I think you should move to Wisconsin, we could be single together.

Girlie Monkey said...

Thanks for the comments, guys.
I do have a BOB but we have a complex relationship and, sometimes, I like to take a break and date around ;-)