Wednesday, July 26, 2006

What do men want?


So I went to lunch with J. today. It went pretty good. He seemed like a very interesting person. He is actually a history teacher in high school, he just bartends in the summer. He also has three college degrees in completely unrelated subjects and on top of that he coaches a whole bunch of different sports. Pretty much an expert in anything which is kind of intriguing to me. He asked me to go to the lake with him on Sunday. He also texted me 10 minutes after I left the restaurant to let me know he had a good time. Too cute! Love when guys do that. While I was on a date with J., MS. texted me to see if I had any lunch plans... and MR. left a voicemail to see if we were on for Saturday (trip to an amusement park)... Man, I am popular!

This sudden outburst of activity in my dating life got me thinking... What do men really want?
The thing is, as I think I've stated before, I am not very good at dating more than one person at a time. Once I am interested in somebody, I don't feel like seeing anyone else. I become so excited and anxious when I have a crush that I guess I come off as somewhat needy and that scares guys away. On the flip side of that, when I don't really care about any one person in particular, I just enjoy meeting new people and that makes me seem like more of a challenge to the guys and ; therefore, a lot more attractive. Where is that fine line between letting a guy know you are interested and still being the attractive "hard to get" girl?

Right now, I am not very interested in any of my Male Harem members and I think that's the reason they are literally bombarding me with phone calls, emails, text messages and date offers. It's a little overwhelming but flattering, of course.
Why can't I be that way with a guy that I actually like?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with ya. Maybe its because I grew up in small town Iowa and multi-dating was unheard of but I can't juggle more than one guy at a time. Love your blog!

Anonymous said...

Well, thats one of those tricky questions. It very much depends on the guy and what he's looking for. If a guy is a player just trying to get some, then being hard to get is definitely more appealing to him because of the thrill of the hunt. If you have a nice guy who's looking for a relationship, then the hard to get thing would probably be a turn off. The other part of this equation though, is how clingy are you? Because calling all the time and spending every free moment with a guy is a sure way to drive away 99% of guys.

Girlie Monkey said...

Well, I don't think I am that clingy. I agree with you, Angel, that it all depends on what the guy is looking for.