Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Was I Impressed?

Last night, MS and I went to the movies for our first date. We saw "You, Me and Dupree" which I thought was funny (love Owen Wilson) but they could have compressed the last 40 minutes of the movie into 10 minutes. A little drawn out but good nonetheless.

What I thought about my date... First of all, a tip for the guys, don't ever take a girl to the movies, I mean only to the movies (especially not on a weeknight) on the first date. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but you only get to talk to her for about 15 minutes before the movie and if she is not very impressed with you she has a very easy way out after the movie is over. Plus, the movie theatre parking lot doesn't exactly have the atmosphere that's conducive to any sort of romantic "good night kiss".

That's basically what happened. We went to an 8:30pm movie, it was over by 10;45pm and I couldn't get to my car fast enough! MS suggested going for a couple of drinks and appetizers but I declined due to having to get up early the next morning. Why?

Well, for starters, MS is in love with MS, only talks about MS and thinks MS rocks! Our pre-movie conversation consisted of MS reciting exactly what he did for the last couple of days. I am talking literally: woke up at such and such time, brushed my teeth, took a shower, etc. down to every little detail. Very engaging, let me tell ya! He also made it a point for me to see that he drove a brand new Mercedes 600 (love the car but hate posers). The last thing that completed my impression of him was the "hands-free earpiece" that he insisted on wearing while watching a movie even though his phone was turned off... WTF?

Now that I think about it... Kind of glad we only went to the movies...

Having lunch with J. , the bartender I met over the weekend. I'll keep you posted.

Happy Wednesday
P.S. Beth, I am not sure I am ready to ship Ryan to you for good but I can overnight him to you every other weekend. How's that sound?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahh yes, yet another of the male dating mistakes. The guys that love talking about themselves. I do have to admit, I felt guilty for laughing at your misfortune. But its too funny that he gave you the play by play of his day. The wireless headset thing drives me insane, even when people's phones are on. They should only be in your ear when youre actually talking. But anyway, good luck with the bartender.