Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Just a neighbor, a friend or more?

Well, I met this boy over the weekend and just don't know what to think of him...

Rick is my neighbor. We've seen each other at the pool a few times, usually exchanged "hellos" and weather comments. This Sunday, it was just him and I at the pool. We just sat there across the pool from each other for a while, finally started talking, one thing after another... I spent the rest of the day with him having drinks and playing cards. Had a blast. The hangover the next day at work wasn't fun but totally worth it.

Couple of concerns though:
  • He is 3 years younger than me
  • He is still in college (I always thought I needed a more mature man, so I never dated anyone younger)
  • He just broke up with a girlfriend and he is a little worked up about it which is understandable.

On the flip side:

  • He is smart, funny, driven and extremely hot!

So, we'll see what happens. If nothing else, I found a cool friend. Just like me, he just moved here and doesn't know many people.

Back to work I go. It's such a gloomy rainy day outside that I just want to go home and curl up on the couch but that's not an option... (Sigh)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should probably keep this guy on the friendship side of the fence. Like you mentioned he has a few cons, but probably the biggest one is the neighbor factor. I think its a bad idea to date someone if you would have to see very often if things went sour. Besides, having the person you're with really colse all the time is not a good idea if you like your personal space like I do :)