Friday, September 08, 2006

Men still puzzle me...

They do! I consider myself fairly experienced when it comes to dating but men still manage to leave me baffled often. Here's an example for you.

Pre-story: Andy is my ex-boyfriend whom I dated for about 4 months. Everything was going great when one day, after a fun night out he told me he would call the next day to go to a concert and didn't. I waited till the day after and left him a voicemail. Didn't hear back for TWO WEEKS! I was pissed! Even more so, because the only reservation I had when I started dating him was his height. I am 5'8 which is fairly tall for a woman, I like to wear high heels so I am really particular about my dates being taller than me. That's just what feels comfortable to me. It's not shallow, just a fact. Well, Andy is a good inch shorter than me, even when I am not wearing any heels. That was a huge problem for me at first but I was able to look past it because I really had a good time with him but I still felt that I was doing him a favor of sorts by being with him. I don't know if it was right of me to feel that way but I did.

So, I was pissed for a few days. Then I decided it was time to get on with my life and went out bar hopping with a girlfriend of mine and ran into Ryan, who I mentioned here before. Ryan, his friend, my girlfriend and I ended up having a fun night going from bar to bar but that was all that happened. Then the Friday after that I get a text from Andy around 10pm asking me what I was doing, as I am going into a bar again. I ignored it since I didn't think he deserved a response after ignoring me for 2 weeks for no apparent reason. Of course, he happened to show up at the same club I was at that night. He tried to act like nothing happened. I was nice and polite, even danced with him but when he tried to kiss me on the dance floor, I told him that was not a good idea. He proceeded to ask me to go home with him but I just laughed and walked off. All that happened in front of his friends, by the way. He proceeded to call me and text me several times that night until I finally picked up. He tried to say that he was just busy and meant to call me several times but never did. WTF? I told him it was too late for apologies and that I wasn't going to let anyone treat me this way.

Then, he tried to turn it around on me and tell me that he saw me with Ryan the weekend before and wondered if I was cheating on him. Once again, WTF? First of all, did you catch me having sex with Ryan or even making out? NO. Second of all, you saw me with Ryan 10 days after we were supposed to go to a concert and you never called or returned my messages. How long was I supposed to wait for you? Any how, I told him that I had nothing else to say to him. He laughed and said that I obviously wanted him back since I was having this conversation with him at 3am, so I just hung up.

That was back in March. I've seen him on campus (he is a football coach at a university I work at) and we exchanged "hellos" a couple of times but that was it for our communication.

So, last night, I got a phone call from him at 2:15am!!! WTF? He was obviously drunk-dialing (the bars close at 2am here) but how desperate was he! I actually do miss the good times we had but if he wanted to try and patch things up he could have come with a better way than a drunken phone call in the middle of the night!
Puzzling!


TGIF everyone! Sorry for a long pointless story. You deserve a medal if you read through the whole thing ;-). I had some cute pictures to dress it up with but "the blogger" decided not to let me upload them... Oh, well!

No comments: