Monday, January 22, 2007

What I've been up to for the last month and a half or so

So many things happened in my life recently! I could have gotten a lot of good posts out of the last two months but, frankly, was a little burnt out on blogging and simply didn't have much free time. I'll try to summarize it.
  • I was invited to be on a National Sales Team for my company. Very high honor, especially since I've only been in my Marketing position for a little over a year. Got to travel a lot in the last couple of months. Needless to say, I learned more from this experience than I have in the last 9 years with this company!
  • One of the highlights of the traveling experience was getting stuck in Memphis airport for three days on the way home due to a major snow storm that hit this part of the country in December. I ended up teaming up with a couple of ladies that I met at the gate, renting a car and driving through the snow and ice for 6 hours since we were told we couldn't get on a flight for 3 more days! Quite an experience!
  • Another highlight of spending quality time at Memphis airport was meeting Andrew, a really cool guy from Memphis. We started out chatting about random things and instantly bonded. We spent the next two weeks talking on the phone 5 times a day. Perfect beginning for a long distance relationship! I hadn't met such a quality guy in a long time...
  • Guess what happened next... I guess December was my month of quality guys! I went out on the town with a bunch of girlfriends one Saturday night. The plan was to make it a girls night out, no guys aloud, just lots of dancing and drinking. The plan was going extremely well until I ran into B. I briefly met B. at a football game a month prior to that night. He was a friend of a friend's boyfriend. We seemed to have a connection and he told my friend that I was hot but in the end he chickened out and never asked for my phone number. Whether it was the amount of alcohol we both consumed prior to running into each other that night at the club or the connection that we had the first time we met (or both) but we really hit it off. The girls' night out was ruined because I spent the rest of the night dancing with B. He scored some major points with me by buying all of my girlfriends drinks the whole night, by the way (male readers, take notes!)
  • B. and I have been inseparable ever since. Despite the fact that he is almost 4 years younger than me (normally a major turn off for me) he is so mature when it comes to relationships that I don't care about his age. I've had my share of good and bad (mostly bad) boyfriends and nobody has ever treated me so well. He is very attentive, sweet and genuinely nice. At the same time, definitely not a push over, very outgoing and competitive (major turn ons for me). More details to come about B. since we are officially boyfriend and girlfriend and are toying with the "love" word.
  • Unfortunately, I had to tell Andrew that nothing was going to happen with us. If only he lived closer than a 6-hour drive from me, things could have been different but I decided to give B. a chance first since he was here now. I haven't regretted this decision yet :-)
  • The holidays were fun but kind of a blur. I spent a lot of quality time with friends and family, did a lot of traveling. The two weeks off work that I had flew by way too fast!
  • We got hit with a major ice storm in this area last week. The city still looks like a war zone. Just a couple of days ago, 75,000 people were without power, stop lights didn't work, grocery stores were running out of supplies, no gas at the gas stations and broken tree limbs blocking the streets. It's slowly getting better.
  • My mother spent the last 6 months staying with my sister 3 hours away from here, so I got to see her every 2 weeks or so. She is leaving on Wed. morning, going back home, which is on the other side of the world. I will be doing a lot of crying once I put her on the plane :-(

Enough for now. Happy belated holidays to you all!

2 comments:

mist1 said...

I cried the last time that I put my mother on a plane too. She still had my house key.

Anonymous said...

Good to see you're back and doing great. Keep us in the loop :)