Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Delicioso!



I'm trying to get back on track with my eating and working out. Just wanted to share a couple of delicious and healthy salads that I make. I don't know the official names of these. In fact, I think my mom and I may have made them up, so I'll just make up the names.

Monkey Slaw:

1 bag of cole slaw mix (fresh cabbage is juicier but I'm lazy)
1 package of imitation crab meat (can also use shrimp)
1 can of corn, drained
2 Tbsp of finely chopped onion
Light Hellman's Mayo
salt, pepper

Chop the crab meat, mix with the cabbage, corn and onions. Add mayo to taste and season. It's delicious, low cal and has proteins, lots of fiber and some carbs.

Monkey's Spring Mix:

2 cucumbers
1 bunch of radishes
4 hard boiled eggs
1/2 bunch of green onions
Light sour cream
salt, pepper

Slice cucumbers and radishes, chop the eggs and green onions. Season to taste and add sour cream.

Let me know what you think if you try these.

Fitness Update:
Weight: 163lbs :-(
Weight Training: 1 hour
Cardio: Elliptical- 30 mins, Walking - 20 mins

4 comments:

Jaysey said...

Oh! I totally want to make monkey slaw! And I am SO calling it that--it's great...maybe I can make it for this party I'm going to this weekend...Thanks!

Jaysey said...

I'm really bad at measurements, tho--approx. howmuch mayo would you say you used? ;-)

Girlie Monkey said...

Well, I never actually measured how much i used but I would guess 2-3 Tbsp. Oh, by the way, it tastes better if you make it a couple of hours ahead of time. Enjoy!

Unknown said...

Mmmmmmm! Sounds delish! I make a salad sort of like your first one. I'm going to try your second recipe too :)