Monday, March 12, 2007

I need a vacation!

It's spring outside! Seventy one degrees and longer days (partly due to the early time change) indicate that, right? I am supposed to be in an elevated mood! I am not... I just don't want to be at work today... Since there is no way for me to get out of it today I am rebelling by being completely unproductive!

I think I am moody because I spent too much time hanging out with friends, drinking and eating and not enough time catching up on cleaning, laundry, sleeping and grocery shopping. The result: filthy apartment, no clean clothes to wear this morning and no food for breakfast. Plus the fact that I gained 3 pounds over the weekend doesn't help things any... I did go to a weight lifting class on Saturday morning at 8am!!! (considering the fact that I went to bed at 3 am - quite an accomplishment) but that's about all I've done to satisfy my fitness goals...

I'll stop depressing you all and go be my grumpy self at a really boring meeting

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! That's awesome that you made it to the gym eventhough you had practically no sleep! Do you think the extra 3 lbs could be muscle mass that you've gained? You have been doing a lot of weight lifting :)

Girlie Monkey said...

Chrissy: you are so weet, trying to make me feel better. I may have gained some muscle mass and that is why I haven't lost much weight even though the clothes are feeling loose; however, I am pretty sure the 3 lbs came from the ridiculous amounts of food and wine that I consumed between Thurs and Sun ;-)

I am back to being good though. Just spent 1.5 hours at the gym and made a couple of delicious salads that are pretty healthy. I might share the recipes on my blog tomorrow.

notfearingchange said...

i believe that the gym is a monday to friday deal - leaving me to do whatever on the weekend.... :-D