Thursday, March 01, 2007

No news is good news

Well, the doctor didn't think I had anything serious. He thought it was just some sort of an eczema (not sure how to spell it???). He was a little puzzled about why I've had the spot for about a year but thought it should disappear in about 2 weeks if I use the creme he prescribed. We'll see... Thanks for thinking of me!

I've been thinking about different dating styles today. All of my serious relationships were very intense. Sort of a love and/or attraction at first sight. As soon as I met Him we were inseparable, stayed in constant contact (couple of calls and/or emails a day) and saw each other several times a week if not every day. I liked the attention, in fact, I craved it but I am not sure it was a good thing for the relationship. Usually, that fire burnt out fairly quickly and was only great while it lasted.

Well, Barry is different. I think he is very interested in me but he is not the type to call all the time and I don't know how to deal with it. I am a very open and affectionate person but I need to know that the guy is open to receive that affection otherwise I shut down and loose interest. I know it's a little early to judge since we've only been on one date and talked on the phone a couple of times. not sure where i was going with this, just thinking out loud. Are your relationships usually as fast-paced as mine or not?

Fitness Update:
Weight: 162 lbs
Weight training: 1 hour (Wed night)
Cardio: 30 min on Elliptical (Wed night)

2 comments:

Melina said...

YEAH its only eczema!!!

As for the relationships, I am the same way start out very intense and move very fast. Like my last b/f I met him, we talked, went out a couple times, he came over for dinner, spent the night (nothing happened just had some wine and didn't want to drink and drive told him "you can stay the night but don't think anything is going to happen") and he never left. He pretty much moved in formely 3-4 weeks later. We lasted for 5 years and the last 3 1/2 were HORRIBLE. Finally got out of that and realized that I usually jump too quickly into the "Serious" relationship, because we have such great chemistry. Now I'm trying to balance my life and just have some fun.

Take your time with Barry and all will work out. Maybe he's just the type of guy that doesn't want to smother you right away, wants to really get to know you and take his time. That's a GOOD thing.

Good Luck

Jaysey said...

Long time no web "see." Glad to hear your spot is probably nothing serious. As for relationships, the one I'm in (the one that's lasted the longest) has been the slowest moving. I think slow has its benefits. You compare it to a fire in this post...and fires that burn fast usually do burn out quickly. Slow and steady wins the race, I say! Good luck with Barry.