Tuesday, April 17, 2007

I am so busy, I don't have time to think of anything insightful to write about so I'll just give you an update on my life:
  • Went to my Alma Mater for the weekend with my friend D. We had a blast road-tripping until it started snowing 30 miles away from our destination! Yes, snowing! It started looking like freaking Christmas within minutes. It was coming down so hard that I could barely see the front of my car. All I kept thinking: "There is no way I can die in a snow storm in the middle of April!" Haha!
  • We had a blast visiting some old friends and doing the "memory walk" through all of the bars we used to party at.
  • We stayed at my "adopted mother's" house (we adopted each other a long time ago). She is the best cook in the world! I think I gained 20 lbs over two days ;-)
  • I have to travel to Wisconsin and then straight to Chicago from there next week, so I'll be gone the whole week next week.
  • Things to do by this Friday: do the 15,000 things that need to get done at work, go buy a nice suit and a pair of shoes to match for the trip next week, loose at least 10 lbs, clean house, do laundry. I wish I could clone myself!
  • The date with Trent (my long lost ex-date) is this Friday. He is coming down on Fri evening and staying the night (in the hotel, mind you). I am really anxious/excited/antsy/nervous about seeing him. I don't know what to expect but I feel like there might be something there, for some reason...

I'd better get cracking!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Ooohhhhhhhhhh!!! Sounds like you have been busy AND still having fun! :) Keep us posted on the Trent situation! I'm excited for you!

Robin said...

Keep us updated on the date! Hope it goes great.

Beth said...

WHERE are you going to be in WISCONSIN????? Milwaukee area???? If so, we should try to get together for a drink....

Girlie Monkey said...

Chrissy and Robin: Thanks. I'll keep you posted.

Beth: I wish! It would have been cool to grab a martini or two. I love Milwaukee but I am going to Oshkosh. I hope it gets a little warmer up there soon ;-)

Unknown said...

Okay, you HAVE TO come up to the Island for a visit sometime too! :)