Tuesday, May 01, 2007

The missing Monkey is back!

Well... My crazy travelling is finally over. I went to Wisconsin and Chicago last week. Tried to blog while I was there but for some reason, my bosses lap top that I had with me didn't allow me to get on Blogger...
Any how, the trip went well, no flight delays this time (for once ;-). I came back on Fri night and got ready for my date with Trent.
Update on Trent:
He came down around 5pm on Saturday. The first 10 mins were a little awkward but I got him to loosen up pretty fast. We sat around, had a couple of drinks and talked for a couple of hours; then got him checked in to a hotel and went out to dinner. Had a great steak, moved on to bar next door and did some more chatting. It was a fairly uneventful date but it was nice. I enjoyed it. I invited him to my house for breakfast the next morning. We ate, watched a movie while cuddling on the couch and he had to drive home.
I liked just about everything about Trent. He is nice, good looking, smart (and smart-assish like me), funny and serious about wanting a relationship. Just a couple of things that make me nervous: he lives 3 hours away (at least for now); he is VERY serious about a relationship (he practically told me he thought I was his dream woman and he wanted to marry me) - a little scary to me while still flattering; I don't like how he kisses (but I am still sexually attracted to him).
I don't think any of the listed "disadvantages" are "fatal". I can work with these so we'll see where it takes us...
He wanted to come see me this weekend but I desperately need to relieve some stress by hanging out with my favorite girls so i told him this Saturday was reserved for a girl's night out. He can miss me for a little while ;-)

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Good for you on keeping Saturday for your girls' night out :) I agree with you. It's good for a guy to miss you for a while! ;)

Looking forward to seeing how things unfold!

kim said...

Hmmm... I'm curious. How do you get a guy to improve his kissing technique? I always call out "Next!" whenever a guy's kisses leave me feeling "blah." Was I wrong?????

Girlie Monkey said...

Kim: good question! I've never changed anyone's kissing technique, but I am going to try...

He has so many great qualitites that it seems unfair to just dump him again because of how he kisses...

Beth said...

Sounds AWESOME!!! Good for you!

What is wrong with his kissing???

Melina said...

Sounds like you had a good time, we missed you here in blogsphere. The bad kissing oh so not good, (I just wrote about my first kiss when I was in 8th grade bad bad bad).

I have never been able to change a way a guy kisses if he kisses bad, because usually those guys think they rock on the kissing. UM no shoving your tongue down my throat and not moving your lips ONCE is not a good kiss buddy. Let us know how that goes.

Oh and to answer your question before Blogher is a conference that they have once a year (in different cities) for women bloggers like you and me. It is July 27th - 29th, you can check it out at www.blogher.org. If you are interested let me know I can give you some more information.

Robin said...

The kiss...sometimes the first kisses are not the best as people are nervous...don't judge him on the first kiss. I dated a guy for a year and 3 months who I hated his kisses at first and then they grew on me as I became closer to him...eventually he could make me weak with his kisses.

m said...

Boys who are fresh back from Iraq make me nervous. I think sometimes they are really eager to commit....probably because they've just experienced some crazy, life changing shit. I have no idea if these committments end up lasting or not, but I'd have my guard up. Then again, when don't I have my guard up? Probably better to not listen to me. :)

Girlie Monkey said...

Beth: Thanks. Hmmm, basically his kisses are too agressive, too much tongue... I end up feeling like my mouth is being raped ;-) I am going to give him a free lesson next time ;-)

Melina: Thanks. I doubt that i will be able to get the time off for that conference but thanks for the info.

Robin: I was so excited to see your comment. You give me hope...

Mindy: I think that is a valid concern. However, I think Trent was ready for a commitment before he went off to Iraq as well. He is just at that point in his life. I should be at that point too but I don't know if I am, haha!

Unknown said...

HAHA! I was going to ask what was wrong with his kissing technique. I have had that problem with guys not knowing how to kiss well, but that's when we were in our teens and early 20s. I wonder if there's a way you can casually 'coach' him into kissing him the way you want him to! :)
LOL! I bet it would be a kick in the balls if a girl told a guy that he sucks at kissing. I did read somewhere (musta been some chick magazine) that males tend to be agressive and rough when they kiss. Of course, it could go both ways. I think a mix of both is good.

Can't wait to hear what happens next! This is wayyyyy better than TV! Thanks for sharing all your dating stories! What fun!

Kim, I once broke up with a guy because his kissing skills were crap. LOL!