Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Restaurant Meme - way overdue!

Chrissy tagged me with this meme a long time ago and I am finally getting around to it! By the way, someone else tagged me and I can't remember who. I apologize. I checked around the blogs that I read but couldn't find it today.

The rules:
1. Add a direct link to your post below the name of the person who tagged you. Include the state and country you’re in.



Nicole (Sydney, Australia)
Velverse (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia)
LB (San Giovanni in Marignano, Italy)
Selba (Jakarta, Indonesia)
Olivia (London, England)
ML (Utah, USA)
J (California, USA)
Curiosity Killer (Hong Kong, SAR)
Chrissy (Manitoulin Island, Ontario, Canada)

Girlie Monkey (Missouri, USA)


2. List out your top 5 favorite places to eat at your location.




Haruno features a fine assortment of local seafood presented by a Japanese chef who is aware of both the heritage of service and the dynamics of introducing this food to many who have not yet sampled it. For those who want to break into this cuisine slowly, they also offer the finest noodles, tempura, and bentto.




If you ever get a chance to visit, try the Miami Roll - I dream about it about once a week ever since I tried it. Yum! The atmosphere is very welcoming, yet cosmopolitan and prices are very reasonable.







Trolley's is located right on the square in the middle of all the downtown action. It is by far, our (mine and my girls) favorite weekend hang out. The atmosphere, crowd and menu are great, prices are reasonable. My favorite Grey Goose Dirty Martinis are $8.00 a piece but I only order them when someone else is planning on paying for my drinks (i. e. my friend's admirer who is a son of some oil magnate from Saudi Arabia. He has more money than he can spend so we don't mind helping him out once in a while ;-) Other menu favorites are: Sweet Potato Fries, Mediterranean Tuna Salad, Black and Bleu Burger and many more.

The restaurant is owned by four locals. One of them is Aaron who was nominated for and selected as "The Bachelor" on ABC a couple of years ago. Assuming you were one of the thirty million viewers of that season’s "The Bachelor", you got a sneak peak of Aaron holding a saw in his hand while finishing up the construction of the restaurant.



#3 Bijan's Sea & Grille










One of the best restaurants in town. Simply chic and delicious! Pricey but totally worth it!









#4 Springfield Brewing Company (commonly known as BrewCo)





BrewCo is one of the few breweries in the world built, operated and owned by a brewery equipment fabrication company. Paul Mueller Company began laying the ground work for Springfield Brewing Company in the fall of 1996 for the purposes of brewery equipment research and development. Anxious to share with the public the wide assortment of fresh, high-quality beers brew in name of innovation, Paul Mueller Company established this restaurant and pub.

Simply put: great fresh beer, lots of space (including an outdoor deck), best salsa I've ever had and great location!




#5 Great Wall Buffet



Yep! You heard me! When I moved to this town 2 years ago, I spent months on trying different Chinese restaurants in order to find the best one. I finally stumbled upon Great Wall and it was love at first sight (or sniff, I should say). The food is fresh and delicious. No wonder, it is packed at any time of the day!

*All photos and some general info are from the restaurants' websites.





2 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW!!!! All I can say is YUM!!!

I had no idea that there were so many great places to dine in Missouri! I definitely have to go back for a visit! All of a sudden, the novelty of the "throwed rolls" (LOL @ the poor grammar!) seems to pale in comparison to all the places you've listed!

Yep! I'm definitely going back to Missouri for a visit!

Melina said...

I tagged you for a Thinking Blogger Award if that was what you were looking for. Check it out on my blog.