Thursday, May 10, 2007

Too tall to date? PPPPalease!

I am feeling very productive at work today, that is why I found this article on msn.com (go here to read). Of course, I was totally doing work-related research...
Anyhow, the topic really hit home because I am 5'8" and can relate to the author and the ladies interviewed. However, I do not think it's that big of an issue. While I am not that tall, all the shoes I own have high heels. That's all I wear, not because I am trying to be taller but because they make me feel sexier. So, if you ever see me out you would think I am 6'1". I never felt that it limited the number of men interested in me. On the contrary, there is something about being a confident tall woman that is very magnetic to men of all sizes (maybe, I have the modeling industry to thank). I do have my own height requirements for my dates but I am flexible. It seems like I get hit on by the short guys a lot more than the tall guys. After discussing that with several guy friends we came to a conclusion that men and women view the issue very differently.
Taller Women: They are thinking, "Are people looking at us funny? Are they thinking I was that desperate? Do I look like a cow next to him?"
Shorter Men: They are thinking, "Damn! I am on fire! I got me a tall chick! Everyone around me now thinks I have a lot to offer in the other department!"
The bottom line is - be yourself, be comfortable with who you are and what you look like. That is the most attractive physical quality any way and people will notice.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm petite...no, let me rephrase that. I'm short!!! I always wished I were taller!!! I actually sometimes envy my taller friends. I always think of how wonderful it may be to be taller. I'm only 5'1" and wish I were 5'6" or something in that area.

I also know A LOT of guys who just LOVE tall girls! You're right. There is something about a tall woman that is sexy and confident!

kim said...

Aside from Eva Longoria, name me one short... uh, I mean, petite (to be politically correct) woman who's über yummilicious to men. Go ahead - name me one...

I disagree with the MSN article's author. No such thing as girls being too tall to date. Men love love love tall women. That's why I wear heels that are at least three-inches high every day - not because they make me feel sexier, but because I, um, need to (even though they're absolute torture at the end of a super long day). I've faced this fact: fashion dictates it, and men love it.

Unknown said...

I hear ya, Kimmie! *sigh*

Anonymous said...

men do not like tall women!!!!! I have never been hit on by a a man in my life!!!! I used to be an amazing model and no guy would ever look at me in person....5'11+female = alone but it's ok I'm a good mom, a kind person and a teacher......

EMO said...

This is my life too, never had a boyfriend in my life & I'm 34. That is great that you seem ok with it. I wish I was dead most of the time!!! I have scars everywhere from cutting! I hate myself every minute of every day! I know men are not worth it but I've even tried lesbian sights and their height requirements are under 5'9. I'm just gross! I wish I'd never been born and often wonder why my parents did not take me to a doctor & stop this from happening to me!!!
How did you have children or are they adopted? Just curious?

Anonymous said...

This is amazing. I am 37 unmarried, never been married and have had few companions all because I am tall. I am 6'1 and women do not like me because I am too tall. I have been also told that I am 'too good to be true', thus as a result I am rejected. Women never believe anything I say, they always assume that everything I say is a lie. I just published my first book, I really did and it is available nationwide. But when i tell a woman this they assume that it is a lie. Like I was told, "too good to be true". I am very sorry that this society is so sick that men who are honest, are about something and who work hard are suspect. But the fact remains that I have no one. But I always hear the stories of the abusers and men who lie, cheat and steal. But it seems that they are the ones who are loved.