Monday, January 28, 2008

I know, I know I've been boring!!!

I've had a lot on my mind lately. Here's a "reader's digest" version of what's been going on in my life:
  • Contemplating a trip half-way around the world to see my family and childhood friends for the first time in 8 years.
  • Trying to come up with enough money to finance the said trip...
  • Trying to lose 20 lbs in the next 6 weeks
  • Finding out that my beloved Grandpa passed away and not being able to make it to his funeral...
  • Going to Northern Wisconsin on a business trip and almost dying of hypothermia (ok, that's a slight exaggeration but I swear I had a couple of close calls). Thank God I made a couple of friends up there and they helped me survive the weather by pouring alcoholic beverages down my throat as soon as we were done working for the day.
  • Working a lot in general
  • Getting really close with one of the guys I work with. We'll call him MB. We've been hanging out and talking a lot for the last month and a half. No funny business, just friends but he asked me to go to dinner at a very expensive restaurant with him tonight... I think it's a date... I am confused...
  • Waiting for the new season of LOST to start this Thursday! Is anyone else as psyched about it as I am?

Toodles!

4 comments:

BV said...

I have never gotten into Lost, but since there's nothing on tv anymore, I just might.

Where's the trip around the world? What ever happened to the 21 year old? Did you get any smooches? ;-)

Girlie Monkey said...

Curlygirl: Hey you should definitely check out LOST. You kind of need to start from the beginning though to understand what's going on. I rented the whole first season once while I was at home with a flu and got hooked.

The trip would be to Russia. You can read about the smooches in today's post and as far as the 21 year old... wasn't worth my time ;-)

Unknown said...

A) You do not need to lose 20 lbs! :) If you did, there would be absolutely nothing of you left! Seriously! ;)

B) I've never actually gotten into LOST, but several of my friends really, really LOVE it!

and

C) So sorry to hear about your grandfather. I was teaching overseas when my grandpa passed away and I wasn't able to be with my family during that really difficult time. I felt that not being able to go didn't give me "closure" (yeah, there's something about me and closure...I just need it). I hope that you are okay and that you are coping with the loss. At least you've got great friends where you are to help you through this.

Hugs xoxo

Girlie Monkey said...

Chrissy:
A)Thank you, you are too kind :-) I've been very lazy lately (cold weather makes me want to hybernate) so I HAVE gained about 20 lbs, unfotunately.

B) I am addicted

C) Thank you so much for the kind words. Unfortunately, this is the 3rd time I've had to deal with a loss of a very dear family member while being half-way around the world. Not an easy pill to swallow.