Wednesday, January 30, 2008

The Date Report

As I mentioned in the previous post, I've been hanging out with this guy MB a lot lately. We've known each other for more than 2 years and became really close friends. Needless to say, I usually can't make the transition from being friends to dating but when MB asked if I wanted to go to dinner at a very nice restaurant (which I mentioned to him was my favorite place to eat in town), we both knew it was a date...
I was a little nervous about it but once we got there it was just another comfortable evening. I was starving by the time we headed for the restaurant. We ordered a bottle of wine and believe I managed to drink most of it (half of that happened before my steak arrived)... After dinner, we went to the bar in the lower level for a little bit. I had a Mojito... That was the beginning of the end as it turned out...
We went back to my place and I invited MB to come up and hang out for a little while longer since it was still early. Well... I had more wine... Then somehow we got to making out and it was amazing... until, all of a sudden, I felt the urge to throw up, so without saying a word (because I couldn't) I ran over to the bathroom... After that, the only thing I could really do was pass out, so MB put me to bed and left.
Yes, as you can see, I am an awesome date! Now, I really do know that you are not supposed to get wasted on a first date and probably shouldn't do that when you have to be at work at 8am the next morning... Oh well, things happen. MB is still as into me as he was before so stay tuned for more juicy stories.
Oh and by the way, I had to take the first half of the day after off due to a "migraine" :-))

5 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL! Oh, I remember taking half days off due to "migraines"!

You are too funny! I think this is why you are so lovable!!! Anyway, MB was a perfect gentleman for putting you to bed and going home. There are some jerks out there who would try to take advantage of an inebriated girl! Looking forward to more updates!

Living vicariously through my gorgeous, witty, fun, single Girlie Monkey friend! ;)

C

Girlie Monkey said...

Chrissy:
LOL! Maybe on some subconscious level I was testing MB to see how much he really liked me. Since he took a good care of me, I think he passed :-) I think the poor guy was kind of worried that I only made out with him because I was so wasted but I assured him that wasn't the case. Looking forward to the next "make-out session". I wonder if it really was as good I remember it, hehehe

BV said...

Oh how I love getting drunk on dates. Then you have to look forward making to the obligatory apology phone call to the guy the next day. (Sigh). I love dating.

Sounds like MB is a good guy. Good for you for trying out the friends before dating thing. That's how my parents got together. I've just never had a guy friend that I wanted to date. They usually end up in the "friend zone" and can never make it out
:-) Oops!

Keep us updated!

~ Jocelyn Wilhelm ~ said...

Came across your blog....I must say this is a fun read! :)

Anonymous said...

nice post. thanks.