Friday, April 11, 2008

TGIFing....

Important question here, kids:

HOW DO YOU STAY MOTIVATED AT WORK?

The thing is, I have a separate office in a different building from anyone else I work with, which means I can pretty much do whatever I want, i. e. pick my nose and eat some messy food while reading your blogs. I really do enjoy that part of my daily routine. However, I am starting to think I am allergic to my office because right around 2pm I get super unmotivated and sleepy and it lasts up until I leave work. As soon as I walk out the door, I am full of energy. What is wrong with me? After a couple of days of doing nothing in the afternoons, I usually end up having to work on weekends to meet the deadlines - definitely not the smartest way to use my time.

Any suggestions on how I can keep myself focused in the afternoons would be greatly appreciated!

Side note: DO NOT EVER GO TO SEE "MEET THE BROWNS" - IT IS THE MOST BORING LONG ASS (2 HRS) MOVIE EVER!!!

5 comments:

BV said...

Hmmm... sounds like you have a "real" job. I always make a To Do list. Seriously, why does crossing something off of a list always feel so damn good?

Or you can always do some work for 15 minutes then "treat" yourself to reading a blog for 5 minutes. That never works for me, but surely it must work for some people...

Happy Friday!

Girlie Monkey said...

Yeah... I do keep a "TO DO" list but once I prioritize it and figure out that nothing on the list is urgent I tend to put things off ...

The problem is, I really am good at what I do and i used to be very passionate about my job but there has been so much crap going on lately that I think I am burnt out. It's hard to explain but basically, I am responsible for a lot of what other people do but have no control over it. If they don't get it done, I am in trouble for it but they know that I have no power to reprimand them in any way if they don't so they usually don't bother doing anything...

Oh well, i am done complaining. It is Friday, I am cooking dinner for some friends tonight and have a very dear friend coming to visit from out of town tomorrow. I am excited!

BV said...

Sounds like it's time for a vacation for Girlie Monkey!!!!

Have a fantastic weekend!

Unknown said...

Can you break up your work load into one hour increments? Work for an hour and then take a break? Get up and out of the office- Take a 10 minute break and go for a quick walk around and stretch. Perhaps read a few blogs for a few minutes and then continue with your work.

I like to set mini goals. I tell myself that I'll get a certain number of tasks done and then take a break. It cuts down on the monotony of just work, work, work.

I agree with Curly Girl. It's time for a well-deserved vacation, Girlie Monkey!!! I'm thinking you should go somewhere with a gorgeous beach and warm weather. Go with some good girl friends, put on that bikini, have a few Mojitos and Mimosas...and you're good to go! ;)

Robin said...

how about afternoon phone sex?