Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Dating Slump

Once again, I hit a dating slump. Don't get me wrong, I have plenty of guys that want to go out with me but I have no desire to do so. The ones I am interested in, all live at least 2 hours away and don't seem to be as eager to get to know me. I think I am just getting burned out on the whole idea of dating around all together. I'd like to take a break and concentrate on other things.

However,
Jenn's post about how early in the relationship two people should say their "I love yous" got me thinking... I am 26 years old, I've been in several serious and countless short-term relationships but never even got close to the point where I felt like it was time to say "I love you" and think about taking it to the next level (i.e. think marriage). I suppose it's better than being engaged 15 times and never making it to the altar but I can't help but wonder if there is something wrong with this picture...

On a different note, a funny story for you.
1. My sis, mom and niece came to visit over the weekend. Sis and I decided to go out on the town.She hasn't been out with me since last summer and wanted to make up for it so we started drinking a little too early and felt pretty good by the time we got to the bars. To make the long story short, I've never been so drunk that I couldn't remember what happened the next morning but this time I came close. The last couple of hours of the night were a little blurry. So, my phone rings last night. The conversation goes something like this:
Random Guy on the phone: Hi this is DJ
Me: DJ who?
RGOTP: Remember DJ? We met at the bar on Sat. night?
Me: Nooooo (really confused, don't remember meeting anyone that night at all)
RGOTP: (confused) Remember, you were wearing a read tube top and I was wearing a blue shirt?
Me: Nooooo (my mind racing, desperately trying to figure it all out)
RGOTP: Are you sure?
Me: Hmm...???....Aha
RGOTP: I guess we are going to have to discontinue this conversation then.
Me: I'm sorry but I guess so.


I'm still stunned that I gave my phone number to some random guy (which means I talked to him for a while and liked him) and couldn't even remember meeting him... I'd pay some serious money to see a videotape of our conversation at the bar ;-)

Happy Wednesday ya all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well look who is little miss drunkard :) Its good to get really trashed every once in a while. Helps you enjoy the regular nights more.