Thursday, August 10, 2006

My latest addiction

I'm addicted to Jason! Don't try to rack your brain over who Jason is, I've never mentioned him before.

I met Jason on-line a few months ago. We talked for a while but then stopped for one reason or the other. He contacted me again last week and said that he'd really love to resume our conversation. We emailed back and forth, and I gave him my phone number. We talked for 2-3 hours each night for the last three days! He is absolutely awesome! The fact that he called me for three nights in a row is a little intense but I happen to like it. I like when a guy I'm dating calls me or at least texts or emails me every day. It just shows me that he is interested, makes me feel wanted.

The only problem is that Jason lives 3 hours away. He does come down to my town for work occasionally and doesn't seem to mind driving down here for the right reasons (read: me ;-)

Is our relationship doomed from the start because of the distance? How far is too far? What do you guys think?

Am I crazy for having butterflies in my stomach before I even met the guy in person?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My thoughts on LDRs are always negative. Having been on a couple myself. There are two types od LDRs, one where you started in the same town and one of you moves, and the other is when you meet someone from out of town and try to date. When you have a relationship with someone and one of you moves is better to just end it there than to try and keep it going long distance. Something always happens that amkes it en badly. When you meet someone from somewhere else and you try and have a realtionship, its different. Because I think you fill in the blanks alot about the other person. Since you only see them from time to time when you do its usually fun and you dont get to deal with them as an everyday situation. Of course at some point someone has to move and then the relationship/person might not be as much fun as you thought. And i think the worst thing that can happen to a relationship is having had unrealistic expectations of the other person. There are always exceptions but I think that is the course that most of these relationships take. If you just want to have fun though, that is probably the way to go. Dont have to se them all the time and when you do its always exciting.