Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Nuts all around me... (pun intended)

It's been nuts at work and my dating life has been absolutely crazy! It's the last week of the summer before the fall semester starts on our campus and I feel like I'm running a marathon! So many things to get done in just one short week! I thrive under pressure though, so I'll cross the finish line pretty soon.

All of my previous "dates" that I mentioned on here before are out of the picture so I am starting over. I still talk to Jason every night and it's awesome. Although, I sort of feel like if we don't meet in person soon, I will create this image of him in my head that would be really hard for him to live up to. I'm sure he has a set of similar expectations for me as well based on our emails and phone conversations. It's one of the rare occasions when I am actually extremely excited about someone and I don't want this feeling to go away but at the same time I'm scared because that's when I usually manage to screw it all up. It's a lot easier to deal with guys that I don't care about... And once again, I am falling into this trap of not wanting to go out or talk to any other guys because I am so interested in one person. I know it's not right.

I tried to change that last weekend and went out to dinner with Chris, a guy I met online a while back. We had an ok time but he is so wrong for me, it's almost funny. I'm not even going to get into all of the details but I'll give you one example. I mentioned that I went to work out earlier that day, he laughed and said that he didn't understand people that spent their time at the gym when they could do something more important with their time!? Now, fitness is a big part of my life. I'm not a bodybuilder or anything like that but I have always been athletic, grew up in an athletic family and expect my boyfriend to be reasonably fit and to enjoy physical activities. I have actually told Chris about that before so even if he didn't feel the same way, did he think making fun of me for it would make a good impression on me???

That's pretty much how the rest of the date went. Then at the end, rather than saying that he would call me or trying to plan another date (I would have said no... But still)he told me that he would anxiously await my phone call... Keep waiting buddy!

Anyhow, gotta return to my nuttiness (or is it nutsiness ;-) at work

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

or is it nutty goodness?

Anonymous said...

lol ... I'm laughing at the end of the night goodbyes. Glad I'm not single and dating. Being married and dating is hard enough .. lol.. Just kidding! (a Noonerism .. lol).
~Nooner~