Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Football, Hockey and Soccer Season!

I am so excited that my favorite time of the year is almost here! I love everything about FALL: the weather, the yellow leaves, that special smell in the air, football, soccer and hockey games!

It's sort of bittersweet though because I have noone to go to the games with. Two people that I've gotten close to in the last few months since I moved here had to move away. I am back to square one. People I work with don't share my interest in sports so I guess I am going to the first home football game this Saturday all by myself. Oh, well. Enough whining!

I spent a wonderful weekend with my sister, brother-in-law, niece, Mom, and several close friends. We cooked a whole bunch of food, ate, drank, and talked. It was a great time. Oh, and my hunter brother-in-law let me shoot some targets. Turns out - I am pretty good! Who would have thought ;-)

Funny Story from My Niece for you:
My niece Allison is 2.5 years old. She is at that age when she makes all kinds of hilarious remarks. I also have to note that she is quite a fashionista. She's been fascinated with shoes and purses ever since she was old enough to crawl and she is very particular about what she wants to wear every day.

So, my Mom, who's been babysitting my niece, was trying on some clothes that my sis gave her. She put on this shirt and was looking at herself in the mirror while Allison watched the whole process.
Allison: You are so pretty!
Mom: (a little shocked) Thank you baby
Allison: (pauses) That shirt is so small for you...

Mom almost died laughing. She didn't expect a 2.5 y.o. girl to be so insightful!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The comments from your neice are cute. Smart girl.

Yeah, I am just trying to let things ride with CG. We will see what happens, one step at a time. I am trying not to let on that I have feelings for him. I havent gotten to see him since Tuesday (he has been in the field)...BUT we talk every day.

Try to keep your chin up with dating. I know its hard...but you can do it. I too want things to happen faster than they are and it is frustrating!
Try to keep your chin up with dating, I know its hard...i

Anonymous said...

If you need someone to go to a game with you, give me call. I'm sure I'll be somewhere nearby :)