Friday, September 29, 2006

One zebra life

I remember reading a book as a kid about a zebra. The moral to the story was: life is made of black and white stripes. Well, I prefer to think of them as waves.

I am just sitting here comparing this Friday to the last Friday. Last Friday, I had absolutely nothing scheduled for the weekend, noone to go out with, nothing exciting to do. My phone didn't ring once that night!

Now, this Friday, all of a sudden, everyone thought of me: my sis is coming to visit; my neighbor Rick, who I haven't talked to in two weeks wants to go out; Bob wants to go out; Andy (my ex-boyfriend whom I still see on occasion) whom I haven't seen or talked to in 2-3 weeks, decided to stop by my office today and ask if I want to go out this weekend; on top of that I just got asked on a date for this weekend by some random guy out on the street!
What is going on?

I just think it's funny. You may not, but I'm laughing my ass off! I bet this wave is going to pass and I'll be sitting here next Friday with nothing to do again :-)

Hail to the zebras!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Seems like its more of a sine wave pattern :) I'm an electrical engineer, couldn't help myself. Have a fun weekend.