Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Mourning the Summer

I've had no inspiration for blogging lately, for some reason. I just can't come up with anything good to write about. It probably has something to do with the fact that I am unhappy with my life.
  • I like my job but I don't love it. It's important to me. The last job I had was a lot more stressful but I still woke up every morning with a huge grin on my face and couldn't wait to go to work. Now... well, now I count hours before I can get out of here every day.
  • I am usually very content to be alone but as the holiday season gets closer and the weather gets cooler, I can't help but feel lonely. I wish I could have someone to cuddle up on the couch with on a rainy night, I wish I had a big loud family to celebrate the holidays with...
  • I do have some great friends that have nearly replaced that big loud family for me but they all live at least 3 hours away. I would not be so lonely if I had a couple of good friends around here but that's not the case so far...

I don't know why I am so blue today. It must be the nasty weather outside.

My Mom is coming to visit today for 3 days. I am hoping to have some good bonding time with her, no fights!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Change of weather can do that to you. Of course its still nice and warm here :) Thats probably why I live here, if I dont see the sun I start getting depressed. Hope you and your mom have a good time.

Anonymous said...

Oh my dearest Homegirl! I'm with you on the work thing, shit I'm with you on the whole damn post! Like you've said before, I think we are a mirror of each other as far as events in our lives' go. I know how it is being lonely for the holidays, without a man or family! That's cool your mom is coming to see you though; just enjoy the company, and brush off whatever she might do or say that upsets you.
You should just try and let yourself go one day in your blog and see how it made you feel. Also it's nice to get feed back from people from the outside. Don't be shy girl! I only have my blog to really let things out and that's why I'm so honest about what goes on. I'm not a good writter as many can tell, and my vocabulary mostly consists of 4 letter words! hehehee oh well! Anyways, cheer up sweetie.
Love
court

Dena Marie said...

Hey there. I know what you mean about liking but not loving your job... waking up dreading instead of excited. I wonder though... was there ever a time when you loved this job or has it always only liked it? If you used to love it, maybe taking an objective step back and listing out all the things you love about it will help. That's what I had to do recently... to remind myself how lucky I am. Hope you feel better soon.