Thursday, February 08, 2007

Rollercoaster

I was going to post about my improved mood yesterday but ran out of time and it's gone today. I appreciate everyone's sweet comments. I think it will just take me a little while to get back to my normal self. I am usually a very upbeat and optimistic person. I've thrown myself into work and spending more time with friends in order to keep myself from thinking the negative thoughts but the nagging feeling is not going away... I tried drinking it away last weekend but that didn't work either... I even almost hooked up with an ex-ex boyfriend (not B.) who I happened to run into while drinking but the better judgment won (either that or I was too drunk to even imagine doing anything but snoring in my bed)! As you can see, I am making a concerted effort to shake the "blues" off.

The action plan:
  • Having martinis with the girls tomorrow night.
  • Trying not to do anything stupid that night.
  • Driving up to my Alma Mater (about 2 hours away) on Saturday to meet up with a very old college ex-boyfriend turned good friend T. who is being inducted to the Athletics Hall of Fame. He is flying in from San Diego for the weekend. Out of the 9 years I've known him, we only dated for about 3 months but stayed friends afterwards even though we lived several states and sometimes countries away from each other for the last 7 years. He is more like my girlfriend than anything else so I am excited to see him. Plus, going back to my old campus will bring back some great memories!
  • Chilling with a good book on Sunday and saying "the hell with cleaning, grocery shopping and such"

That's all I got so far but I'm flexible...

1 comment:

mist1 said...

I haven't cleaned or grocery shopped in months. Maybe years. Unless stopping at the store for wine counts. Then, I go every day.