Monday, February 26, 2007

Weekend update


First of all, the Blogger forced me to convert to the new version and I haven't been able to comment on anyone's blog ever since!!! Aarghhh!!!

Oh well, on to the detailed update:

Friday night- Girls' Night out: Way too many martinis - do not remember the last 2 hours of the evening- my friends claim I didn't look or act intoxicated and actually held an intelligent conversation - huray to my "cruise control". I am now wondering how many people I gave my phone number to. I don't usually give my (correct) phone # to random people but seem to have no problem with it when I am drunk. All in all, we had a blast.

Saturday: Hangover - Water- Sleep - Hangover - Water-Sleep- Water- Food- Still Hangover - Water- Couch +TV- Aspirin- Water. I sooo didn't want to go to the birthday party that night but it was too late to back out. It was pretty boring really and I wasn't in any shape or form to liven it up. My friend tried to set me up with this guy Alex who was there. He was pretty fascinated with me; me- not so much. He seemed like a nice guy but I felt no connection. I tried to escape without giving him a chance to talk to me one-on-one but he turned out to be more persistent than I thought and ran after me. Caught me in the parking lot and asked for my phone number... He already called yesterday and asked me to dinner. I screened his call and am now trying to decide how to politely refuse.

Sunday: The magazine party was a blast!!! Lots of amazing food and wine! Probably gained 10 pounds in two hours but it was totally worth it!
The date with Barry turned out to be great! We ended up meeting downtown at a Greek restaurant for dinner and drinks. He was a little nervous at first but I'm a great "first date" so I charmed him. He couldn't resist. I'm pretty sure it's "to be continued"...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great weekend!!! Well, to solve your 'situation' with Alex, now you can say you're busy! That date with Barry sounds like it went really well! The fact that you said 'first date' indicates to me that there will be a second...and third...and.... ;)