Monday, March 26, 2007

Code for ???



Well I'm finally back to my routine... sort of.

The trip to Chicago was interesting... I learned a lot professionally speaking. Then... got stuck in O'Hare airport for GET THIS!!! 13 hours trying to get home! I think I jinxed it that morning. On the way to the airport I kept thinking how easy of a trip it would be this time: a direct flight home, only about 1 hour long... Right!

My flight was at 11:30am, at first it was delayed for about an hour, they finally let us board. So, I walked down the ramp along with the other hopeful passengers but the flight attendant was in the middle of a heated discussion with someone on the phone and didn't let us on to the actual plane. Once she hung up, she announced that we had to go back to the gate area and wait while they TAPED THE CARPET... WTF??? That wouldn't have been so weird if they didn't cancel that flight 30 minutes later (without even making an announcement, by the way...)

To make the long story short, I made it home around 1am the next morning after spending endless hours at the airport hanging out with my newly acquired friends, eating, drinking, watching movies on the laptop, reading and wondering what "TAPING THE CARPET" stood for...

Fun times!

7 comments:

Jaysey said...

O'Hare is always a mess!

Robin said...

definitely been there and done that crap! Took me 18 hours to get to freakin Italy one time but the trip home was divine...upgraded to an $8000 seat...woohoo!

Robin said...

definitely been there and done that crap! Took me 18 hours to get to freakin Italy one time but the trip home was divine...upgraded to an $8000 seat...woohoo!

Anonymous said...

I have been stuck at O'hare for hours before, luckily there is always a bar nearby :)

Unknown said...

Ack!! That sucks! I hate, hate hate O'Hare :( That airport seriously scares me! And I've been to some pretty crappy, dodgy airports overseas, and this place still scares me! LOL! Hey, at least it was not a waste and that you made some friends, had some laughs and some drinks too :) Sweeeeeet!

So....taping the carpet is code for......? Did you ever figure it out? :) I'm curious now!

Girlie Monkey said...

The true meaning of "Taping the Carpet" remains a mistery...

Anonymous said...

Well written article.