Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Why am I not able to title my posts any more? Grrrrgh!
Here we go. Title: Dating Rules
I believe I've blogged about how I have no clue about dating in general. That's true, folks, I am 27 y. o., have had my share of dates, boyfriends, random drunken make-out buddies, etc but the truth is... I still don't know what's appropriate and what's not.
Here's what I am good at:
  • Getting a guy's attention (a lot of times it's unwanted)
  • Making an awesome first impression
  • Making the 1st date an unforgettable experience
  • Getting a 2nd date (I don't believe I've ever been denied a 2nd date)
  • That's about it...

Here's where the problems start...

Things I suck at:

  • Knowing how often a guy should call during the "dating stage"
  • Knowing when to play "hard to get" and when to show interest
  • Knowing when having sex is too soon and saying "no"
  • Communicating my feelings without freaking the guy out
  • Knowing when it is time to introduce him to the friends/family
  • I can go on and on...

Basically, I start out being very confident (as I am in all other aspects of life) but once I realize I like the guy, I become an insecure, moping girl that I despise. I freak out if he doesn't call for a day or if he is acting moody. I try to act cool but still panicking on the inside. I know it all comes from my unfortunate past experiences and it hurts my current relationships but not sure how to overcome this. I need some serious help ;-)


4 comments:

Unknown said...

I was having probs inserting a title for my posts too, but I discovered that if you click on "title", it actually brings the curser to the blank box and you can start typing your title after you've done that. I was really annoyed because it took me three days to figure out why I couldn't write titles anymore. Try that and hopefully it'll work for you too :)

PS. I was totally like you! The last parts of your post were soooo like me! I'll be back later on this week so I can properly address this. Right now I need sleep! LOL! :)

Beth said...

Is Soccer Stud still in your life??? I totally understand how you are feeling, because thats how I was. I was so that way with CG...insecure and stupid.

Its not sexy...but sometimes we cant help it...sigh.

Girlie Monkey said...

Chrissy: Thanks for the "title inserting tip". It worked!

Beth: Yes, Soccer Stud is still in the picture... but... as you probably guessed he inspired this post... I don't know how to deal with him. He is great when we are hanging out but then... he disappears for 2-3 days. I am usually ok for the first 1.5 days, then I start getting all of these crazy thoughts in my head about what if he never calls me again, have I done anything to scare him off, etc I know, I know, it's nuts but I can't help it!

m said...

I think this is typical behavior for anyone early on in a relationship. It's horrible: makes a person feel totally crazy & insecure. Even if you wrote down all the "rules", you'd never follow them anyway. I never do.