Tuesday, November 06, 2007

I am a victim of my own stalking!

Is it possible? Damn right, it is!
M. and I emailed back and forth for a while yesterday and I came to the conclusion that nothing was really going to come out of this. He just didn't seem that into me. I still wasn't ready to give up, however.
Well, today, feeling lonely and stalkerish, I decided to check and see if he still had a personals profile on yahoo where we originally met 2 years ago. Turns out... he does and he is very active on there. I know it's not a big deal but it actually hurt a lot. I was so into him that I couldn't even think about any other guys, so this just happened to be the last drop.
I am back to my realistic and cynical self. No more flying on cloud nine.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Ahhh...That sucks. I know the feeling. Been there, done that. I was dating my ex for a few months and decided to see if he had any profiles up on any dating sites. Sure enough, he did. We were dating for 3 months and he still hadn't taken his profile down. I was more than just a bit ticked off and hurt. I should have known then that things weren't going to work out. We were together for 5 years before we finally ended things. Sad, pathetic, stupid. I did learn from the experience though.

Don't feel down, Girlie! As cliche and silly as this may sound, when the right guy comes by, you'll know it. Until then, just enjoy being single! What fun it is to meet new people, go on first dates, experience first kisses, and get your groove on! You're gorgeous, smart, funny, hot...What's not to love!?

Girlie Monkey said...

Thanks for your support, Chrissy. I have kind of been in a weird funk and wanted to believe in a fairytale. Feeling kind of stupid now. I'll get over it though. Big girls don't cry ;-)

The Chicago Blogger said...

Hi -- I've been lurking for a couple of weeks, my first time commenting. :) Great blog! I'm in the dating pool right along with you, so I know what you're going through.

Sorry to hear about this guy, what a turd. He doesn't deserve you, that's for sure.

But I agree with C...enjoy being single. I always say, if it was meant to be, it was meant to be. :)

Girlie Monkey said...

JABHD: Hey thanks for stopping by. I've been slacking on my blogging lately but I'll get back to it. Stick around!