Monday, November 19, 2007

WTF? My Ex-Love of My Life

I had a little "blast from the past" experience that I'd like to share here. My girlfriend G. (who lives in Illinois, where I spent 3 fine years of my life) called me yesterday to chat. She told me that she went out to a local hang out the night before and ran into someone who had a message for me... That certain someone was Eric - aka the only guy I was truly in love with. I think I may have blogged about him before but don't feel like searching for the link.
To make the long story short, Eric swept me off my feet, made me forget all about being cautious, taught me how to trust a guy I am with, introduced me to his parents, made plans for our future and...messed me up for life by dumping me without an explanation!
I had never been as upset over a boy. I literally laid in bed for a week, didn't eat or drink, just stared at the ceiling. Now, all of this happened more than 3 years ago. While I am completely over Eric and would not want to have anything to do with him, I could never become indifferent to what is going on in his life, for some reason.
Any how, Eric asked G. if she could give me his message. He wanted me to know that even though he was a jerk at the time and didn't explain anything to me, I was the best girlfriend he had ever had. He felt like he needed to propose to me right then and there but he knew I was going to move away and he didn't think he could ask me to stay just for him, plus he just wasn't ready for a serious commitment at the time...
What a bunch of bullshit! First of all, I found out later that he actually started seeing someone else before he broke up with me and dated her for about 6 months afterwards. We never talked about me moving away and I actually told him that I wasn't ready to get married at the time when HE started talking about that possibility. WTF? Why did he feel the need to apologize now? He is married; I haven't seen him or talked to him in 3 years. It just bothers me that he is trying to come up with some lame excuses for his piggish behavior when it is way too late.
Not sure where I was going with this. Just wanted to vent!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm with Plain Jane on this one ;)

Excuses, excuses. At least you know that it was a bunch of crap and that you are much better off without him :) xo

PS. I wonder if he knows my ex? Perhaps they get together at the local hang out and come up with all those lines to tell us? ;) All I can say is, good riddance!

m said...

Um, if he's married now what the hell is he doing reminiscing over you? That is completely inappropriate. And kind of satisfying, right?

BV said...

Hey Girlie Monkey,

I've read your whole blog in one day (very slow day at work), and I just want to say that I love your blog! It's very entertaining and I definitely feel your pain when it comes to boys and dating.

You must have been the one that got away for your ex, which can be good sometimes. That way, they'll always be pining for you and torture themselves for messing up such a good thing. Good riddance!

Girlie Monkey said...

To all:
yes, it is kind of messed up. My friend G. said, "If it makes you feel any better, he gained about 30 lbs and looks like crap!" Hehehe yes, that is strangely satisfying.

Curlygirl: Thanks for stopping by. Check back for more news soon.